Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Butterfly Kisses!

There is a new Challenge going on over at Once Upon A Time,  and I am on the design team!  :)



The Theme for March is: Based on the book  Harold and the Purple Crayon

For my image I am using Butterfly Kisses by BoBunny

I couldn't decide on which image to use so I thought butterflies remind me of Spring, and why not a purple butterfly!

Ingredients to create my card:

Distress Crayons by Tim Holtz in colors of Festive Berries, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Rusty Hinge 

I used the crayons as a base for water coloring my butterflies, it worked perfectly, using water brushes.   When it was dry, I brushed on a light coating of Stickles Glitter Gel - Moon Dust, (which is difficult to see in the photo) take my word for it, the moon dust looks so pretty! 

Then I got out my Distress Oxide Sprays in Saltwater Taffy & Salvaged Patina  and held my breath as I spritzed little dots onto my card... with a bits of washi tape to mask off my butterflies I think it came together beautifully.  

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today, and I hope to see you at the Challenge!!

Mary




1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary, this is exquisite - great spraying in the background!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.