Grateful for my followers

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Happy Day Flowers

Hello Crafting Buddies,    This evening I felt inspired to listen to some soothing music and to work on a craft, my project is - "Happy Day Flowers"  This is a stamped image from Stampendous, and one I found at a local flea market.   These reminded me of Coneflowers that used to grow in my summer garden.   I wanted to give them a "wash" of color using a water brush and water color pencils and Distress Crayons ~ I think it turned out lovely.   I then used some netting from a vintage wedding dress and tied with a soft green trim, with the words stamped: Happy Day.   The butterfly is made of wood,  this was ordered online.  The green paper background is  from my stash.   While the colors of the petals remind me of Autumn or late Summer, I wanted to give my card the feel of a pretty Summer garden.  The words are stamped, with a light "wash" of color in the background.  





     

Thank you for stopping by ~ please leave a comment, it will inspire me to create more cards.   Hugs, Mary ♥♥

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:

We Love Stamping - July Challenge Fabulous Florals & Anything Goes Option ♥ ♥ Challenge closes Aug. 2nd - My entry #107

Stamping Sensations - July Challenge - Theme Summer Flowers ♥ ♥ My entry #92



 

6 comments:

  1. They certainly are happy flowers and beautifully done, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary this is a gorgeous card, and the flowers certainly are a delight to look at!! Love the lace under the sentiment strip
    Thanks for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bold flowers, sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, I do like these flowers they really pop out.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.