Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Hello!

 It's been a while since my last post.   I have been busy with my hubby and his recovery.   The surgery went very well, they had him to spend the night and the next day he was brought home.   Just after a few hours of rest he was up using his walker and just tooling around the house!    He has had some pain following surgery but that is to be expected but he seems to be doing very well.   He is currently going to physical therapy twice a week.    

We certainly do appreciate the prayers!   

I would like to get back into crafting here soon, as I am growing restless much like my hubby.  LOL  He stays busy throughout the day, which is very good.   And watching tv here and there, I think we are getting weary of watching episodes of the Love Boat.    I may have told you that I had injured my leg about a month ago, well finally I am seeing some improvements in the way its been feeling.   The muscles used to hurt if I sat down at my desk for too long a period.    

Also, not sure if I mentioned to you but we are now a three parakeet household!   We recently adopted Bonnie & Clyde, we decided to keep the names they were given, and now our Abby has friends that she desperately needed.  Hah!     Many years ago we used to have parakeets as we were renters and we couldn't have 4 legged animals in our residence.   We always enjoyed our birds.   And even trained them.     We think Clyde might have been trained to sit on shoulders but we haven't really had them out of the cage.   Anyway they can get very LOUD at times but then that is their nature.    Our dog Bella doesn't seem to mind them a bit.

Supposed to get up to 88 degrees F., today... whoo that is a might warm.

I like to keep my hair trimmed up a bit so I got out the scissors and just worked on it... I don't like to go as short as my mother always urged me to go.   She always said, "Mary your face is round so your hair would look better short".    That was her opinion, and at times, much to my husband's dismay, I would allow her to create a cut that looked good on me.    I would draw the line on getting perms or color added.    The things I remember.   *Rolling my eyes*     I'm not saying all of this to be sarcastic, but in a way just a chuckle.    

Well, I just wanted to "yak" and my thoughts just got in a ramble...  I do miss chatting away on the telephone with mom.    Those were the days.   

Hope you all are fine as frog hair,  and I'll catch ya later,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your 'chat' Mary, and appreciated the update on both you and your husband.
    Having had my hair so short the hairdresser used to cringe when i said I wanted the fringe cut even shorter, I am now growing it a bit... it's getting to the point now where we can chose and define a style.... it's been a bit of a shock to the system, but I am now enjoying it. that's my bit of 'hair' news :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maxine! I always look forward to your lovely comments. I'm very picky about my hair and who cuts it, my favorite hairdresser moved away a few years ago forcing me to select a woman I had not gone to... and regretted that decision. Yes she did work at the same salon, but she didn't pay attention to what I had asked her to do.... oh well can't expect miracles I guess. ;)

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.