Grateful for my followers

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Hospital Visit

Hello!  Just wanted to give another update on how my hubby is doing these days.  He has physical therapy twice a week, until the middle of August.   It's been a little over 3 weeks since his knee replacement, and he has made great strides in his walking abilities without really using his cane.  Well done!   I don't really have to "coach" him to do his regular at home exercises either... he just wants to keep making improvements.  Yay!    This does my heart good.  :)   So, what's up with the hospital visit you ask?  Well, he now has a problem with his eye, with seeing flashes of light just in the corner.   The doctor & his nurse were able to numb the eye to get a peek inside to see what might be happening and they couldn't detect anything really.  We won't have a final diagnosis until he makes yet another appointment with his eye doctor.   Because he is a military veteran we usually go out of town to see all his doctors, but they weren't able to get him in any earlier than November (which is when he see's the eye doc),  that is also why we ended up at the local hospital. Thankfully we weren't there all day waiting to get in which is amazing.  In fact the waiting room was empty.    So if you wish to send up a prayer we would so appreciate it very much.  Thank you, and many hugs, Mary

BTW:  I am now just getting back into making greeting cards again, I feel some normalcy.  So that is another yay! 

And an added note*  My leg muscles are doing a bit better too.   Let's keep making improvements.
I get to work this weekend, so I will be busy.  Hoping your weekend goes very well.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, those eye flashes are not good - at least they weren't for me.. but for all that, there was nothing that could be done, it was part of the aging process and there was no actual damage to my eye, apart from a lot of 'floaters' for a few months.
    Glad to hear all else is going well for you both, and I look forward to seeing your cards again
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maxine, Well I am kinda thinking the same thing with his eye changes. It just goes along with the age thing I guess. ;) Thank you for commenting. And yes, I created another card this evening. Hugs ♥

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.