Grateful for my followers

Friday, May 20, 2022

Button Treasures

 Hey all,  Just a quick check in again, it was the keyboard doing the interrupting.  Yep the batteries must have been going out.   Hubby switched our keyboards so mine plugs in so we'll see how this will work out. :)     Thought I would share a pic of the button keepsake tin.   It's rather messy with all kinds of buttons, but this was always my favorite thing to do when I was a child to go through my mom's button tin!    Since mom was born in the twenties and raised up during the depression, she learned from early on how to save all kinds of things, so when clothing wore out clip the buttons, zippers anything that could be used in another type of clothing that was sewn by hand or on the machine.    My mom tried her best to show me how to sew, but I guess it just never caught on with me.   I did have sewing classes in school, but trying to figure out patterns frustrated me.   So, my learning didn't go very far, I know how to hem up pants or slacks, but I really don't pull out the sewing machine that often.    That's why I enjoy drawing, and working on crafting.   I do recall my mother saying she enjoyed drawing when she was very young, designing her own dresses.  :)   I guess that's where I get my love for drawing.    This is just one tin I do have another one.  

Here's my pretty Iris.  Just had to snap a pic before they all were spent. :)   Anyway the night is late, today went by so fast, took me forever to get in the mood to craft.   Tomorrow starts another round of work.   I was off for 3 days which was very nice.   Okay, I will end my post for now, hope you have a great weekend, while you're here leave a comment!     Thanks, Hugs Mary

2 comments:

  1. Your button tin looks very similar to mine - which now holds buttons from both my grand mother, mother and MIL... the two mum's were also early 1900's, and had been through the depression.
    Your iris is exquisite. So beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.