Grateful for my followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Hello

 Hi, to all my crafty friends,   I have been away for a time,  work has been keeping me busy these last few days.   I was informed that several cashiers decided to quit with little notice, leaving the rest of us to fill in the "holes", my schedule looks pretty busy for the next several days.   But hey, I'm not really complaining, I can always use a better paycheck to help with groceries and with these current gas prices WOW!!    Hubby said, that just in our area of town the local gas station has the price of over 4.00 a gallon.    That isn't all that surprising to me.     Anyway, that is all I want to say about that mess.  Let's change the subject.    We have already gotten a small start to our garden this past week.   After learning quite a bit from watching a heaping helping of videos on You Tube about container gardening, we thought it might be a good idea instead of spending hours of digging and cultivating the fallow ground to make a garden.    At the start of the year we did buy lots of seeds, thinking of a larger garden, but that is all been swept under the rug with the knowledge of growing food in totes.   So far we have one tomato plant, and 4 sweet yellow pepper plants, these are in separate totes or containers as we like to refer to them.  :)   I thought I would try green onions, but so far the seeds I've planted have done nothing and its already been several days, they should have germinated.   And surprisingly enough, the marigold seeds that positively stated that should not be started outside, (which by the way I decided not to go by the directions),  I placed those dainty seeds into the container next to the tomato plant, and I would like to say they are indeed sprouting!    I'm more of a impatient gardener.   Yes, I did buy those little "green house" things but have yet to even use it, at least I had good intentions.   Well,  I've missed being on my blog, and miss reading your comments... so thought I would take a bit of time before getting off to sleep to say hello and hope all is well with you.   Drop a comment would love to hear from you.

Hugs, Mary ♥

2 comments:

  1. I am very much a garden in the ground person, but have seen many successful container gardens... good to see you here Mary. Hope you can get back again soon.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to read your comment Maxine. Yep, have been quite busy this week, looking forward to having a few days off this week. Maybe then I can focus a bit more on doing some crafting and get more plants going. :)

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.