Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A bit of crafting ♥

Good morning,  I've stayed up a bit longer than planned.   Yesterday I received my Distress Oxide Sprays in the post, and its just been lovely to work with them.   The colors I selected are:  chipped sapphire; tattered rose; salvaged patina; bundled sage; candied apple; saltwater taffy.   The other colors that I had on hand, are picked raspberry; spiced marmalade.   Here are two I created. 


   

Since I don't have a good place to take a photo, this will have to do, it would have been better in the daylight. 
I had a bit of fun with the top card, light tack tape, cut into strips, and a combo of using the distress oxide sprays and ink pads dabbed with a sponge.  I really like the look of a washed sunset with the look of water.   I wanted a butterfly to add a touch of whimsy, so using a sticker I had on hand from the Paper House gave it a nice touch.
The next photo is done with the sprays using a stencil that came free in my pack.   Art Stencils by Lisa Horton.
The inspiration came from thinking about the memory of my sister-in-law.  She would have loved these.  :)
I forgot to mention the card base is a thick watercolor paper.   I wouldn't recommend using a light weight card stock as it would curl during the drying process.

It's another work day.   I hope you all are doing well.   Please leave a comment, I really appreciate hearing from you.  ♥
Blessings, Mary ♥

**Just an added note, when spraying make sure to cover those things you don't want splotched.  My poor keyboard suffered in the process! **
It can be wiped off.  lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.