Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Around the garden...and a chat


 





Thought I would pop in for a little visit.  Here are some photos taken earlier today, I just love to sneak up on little bugs that might be hiding on the top of flowers or between petals.   All the while I was looking for the perfect picture, a bug that sounded like a big jet kept buzzing around me, it was probably a horsefly.   

  I haven't worked on any crafting lately, just haven't had any motivation.   The other thing that happened recently and wasn't even sure that I should mention it but I will, my eldest brother had to have open heart surgery, on the day of the funeral for my sister-in-law.   So that could be another reason for my "low" feeling.    I received word that he is home now and is feeling okay.   If you think about it, please say a little prayer that all turns out well for him.  

On a good note, I got to visit with a friend I haven't really seen since the early 1970's or late 60's.  She and I grew up in the same neighborhood, right next door.   And how did we meet, well, she had come into my line at work.  When I turned to bag up her stuff, I thought she looked very familiar to me.   I asked if she remembered me, she looked into my eyes, because during that time I was wearing a mask.... and she said yes, I do remember you.   From that time on,  I have sent her some cards, and we've texted.... and this past Saturday we got together for a long chat and lunch at my house.   What a wonderful time we had.   ♥     And honestly for me, it was just refreshing to have this time together, especially since I no longer have my sister-in-law... I really feel like the Lord orchestrated that meeting.  ♥   Praise Him.

I wrote something down, in my journal... to remind me of God's love during this time of grief, and scriptures too.  I want to share with you.  
Neither be ye sorry: for the joy of the LORD is your strength.  Neh 8:10  
The righteous is taken away from the evil to come.  Isa 57:1
Willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  II Corinthians 5:8   
KJV

When I think of my loss, I am thinking of just me, how I feel when that person is gone.   I wasn't ready to see them leave.  No final goodbyes.  No kiss on the cheek.  No I love you.   But I know deep in my heart she loved me.  I don't need to look downcast - look heavenward to our Heavenly Father as she rejoices always in Him.   She would want that.   Don't worry about me, she would say.  Keep trusting in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.   Amen.    You are loved, we miss you. ♥    

Thank you for coming by today, share some love, leave a comment.  

Hugs, Mary  


2 comments:

  1. I hear your grief and stress through this difficult time Mary, but God is always there to walk with you, as you saw when he brought an old and precious friend back into your life at this time!!
    Loving your flower photos with the wee bugs on them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He surely did, what an Awesome God we serve!! I'm so glad to have her back in my life once again. Thank you for your precious comment Maxine. Hugs, Mary

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.