Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving & chat

 Hello!  I've been MIA for several days,  due to being ill.   Flu like symptoms, but just with a head cold.  So needless to say, I haven't felt much like crafting.   I did work on a page but just not sure I like it enough to share it.   I don't craft well when I don't feel good.    I am feeling so much better and more like myself.       Thanksgiving is just in a couple of days, and I guess we'll be going over to my nieces house.   I really don't know what to bring yet, as its a pitch-in.   Seems like they have all the basics covered, and the one thing I like is mashed potatoes, but someone is already bringing a potato dish.    I thought about making homemade cookies.   Its terrible of me to be a cliffhanger but I am.   Heck, I could still make mashed potatoes but just keep them for us to eat.   :D     And instead of making cookies I could do bar cookies instead, not so much work involved.  Since I am still in recovery mode.    

And yes, since it is the holidays, I have been doing some online craft shopping.   I wanted to get some items from an Etsy shop I hadn't tried before...  I am still waiting on those items, it wasn't that long ago that she sent out the package.   It's little ephemera packages of Christmas bits and bobs.  I would like to use those in a card possibly, we'll see.   And as much as I look around at our local hobby store, they don't always have what I am looking for...  I like cardinals, poinsettias,  but they never have anything.  It drives me just a little nutsy!  LOL     And I can't forget about Black Friday, it will be a big shopping day for sure.   Not that I will be enjoying it.  Hah!    I will be manning my register from 9-4pm that day.   Thankfully, this time I was able to pick the hours I wanted to work, last year I worked a late shift, and stayed until 11:30pm to help straighten up the store shelves and such.    I don't really enjoy working on those particular events, but someone has to do it.   

Believe it or not I am still trying to get my side of the craft room organized, its been an uphill process.   I found a stamp I thought was lost.  It was just pushed up under a bunch of other things. That'll teach me.    And I found a cookbook I thought was lost.   It was tucked away in a bookcase in the living room.  :)   My husband couldn't understand what I did to "lose" it.  Well!  That's just how I am I guess.    When I was younger I could remember where all my craft things were, cause I didn't have as much to work with, and back then my desk drawers held it all.    Maybe once everything gets put away,  I will take a pic and show you.   I know you're just waiting at the edge of your seats.  :D     Well,  hope you all are doing well, like I said, I am feeling so much better.   Hugs, Mary ♥ 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are in recovery Mary - nothing worse than feeling off.
    One thing, when my daughter organises a get together like that, she will specify what to bring - eg a green salad, which leaves it up to us what sort of green salad.
    Those were long hours you worked last year - so glad I am retired :)
    I am looking forward to seeing your updated craft room.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a mess of boxes to sort through, but when its finished I will gather some photos. :) Mary

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.