Grateful for my followers

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Crafty project, cross

 Hello crafty peeps,  Today I am sharing my project, a cross, that I picked up at a local thrift shop.   I liked it at first, and had it hanging on the wall of my craft room but one day it occurred to me that it just didn't look that great, so thought painting it would help.    Here's what I have done so far.

This is what it looked like, I removed the gem that was in the center.  It wasn't very pretty. 





Here is an updated photo, letting it dry.  I found that just using white craft paint wasn't totally covering the design underneath, so I used gesso.   This project isn't finished yet.  I have yet to decide what colors I want to use on it.   I want to add a butterfly in the center when its finished. 
I will post the finished photos of it later.

You know what I met a couple in my check out line the other day, (changing the subject), not sure what got us started on the subject of chickens, but they were buying something that related to what they do for their coop in the warmer weather, and well one thing led to another, they said raising chickens is a lot of fun, but I said doesn't it cost big bucks to feed and do all things to raise them?   They mentioned what all goes in to feed their hens, and I was quite impressed.  They have at least 9 hens.   Producing lots of eggs.   Like I mentioned before we aren't in any position to get any chicks, not where we live... my neighbors already have a problem with our dog, ( our dog is a sweetie ) she just likes to bark to see if their dogs will play then she gives up.  ;)   I wouldn't want to do anything to "ruffle" their feathers.  Mercy sakes! 

Anyway, just wanted to chat about something different this evening. :)

Have a good weekend, I will be working.  See ya later gators.  

Hugs, Mary










2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the completed cross Mary. Yes, chickens can be a lot of fun, but I hear what you are saying about neighbours... Your sweetie of a dog may have 'fun' with the chickens too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby printed out a page off the internet talking about the benefit of raising and keeping chickens (hens). The fact that they eat so many types of pests that ruin gardens.. has really got me thinking. We don't live in place that has HOA fees, its just one of those old neighborhoods that likes to keep to the traditions of yesteryear. :) Thanks for your comment! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.