Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Crafty project

 Hello crafty friends,  my cross is finally finished.  :)  I am very happy the way it turned out.   The main color is cottage rose matte and the center cross was done in a country white (chalk base), with a very light dry brushing it gives a lacey look to the cross.  The "tips" were given a distressed look with the cottage white chalk paint.  I added a pretty colorful butterfly from Reneabouquets.com   I tried to get a closer look at the butterfly in the next photo.    I thought it was fitting that I should dedicate this cross to the memory of his dad.   I know it isn't done with a manly theme, but hubby said that it was okay, just make it the way you want it to look.   The butterfly signifies a new life in Christ.   

Last week was the funeral & celebration of life service for his father.   It was a jammed packed two days, of meeting family members that we haven't seen in years.   Everyone was very nice, the service was beautiful.   The weather was a bit cold with flurries, but by that afternoon the sun popped through the thick cloud cover.   He is missed, but will stay in our hearts.  ♥  

As I close this post I hope you all are well.   Have a blessed day,  hugs, Mary




2 comments:

  1. What a beautifully finished cross Mary - and yes, love the butterfly and what it symbolises :)! I though you may have been away last week...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine! I appreciate your kind comments. ♥

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.