Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Preserving a memory

 Hello, my crafty friends, Today I want to share a project that holds a special place in my heart, a wallpaper boarder that was in my parents' home.   When my brothers and I were going through things that were left behind I had remembered that mom would set back extra wallpaper in the linen closet, after opening the door there it was a roll of boarder paper, quickly tearing a piece, all I was thinking was this house will be sold and there won't ever be a time to go back and visit again.   This is my project, a way to preserve those memories.    

The frame had been painted with a basic color of beige, but that looked too blah so out to Hobby Lobby to select a few colors to see which would look best, you can see I used a purple color at first then quickly rubbed it out, then I sanded the frame all over again, (that purple wanted to stay), so my next choice was cottage rose which you can see it had better coverage.   Here are more photos to show you how it turned out. 




My mother loved butterflies.

I decided to add the two that were left in the package to the frame, I love how it turned out. :)

It's like having a little bit of their home in ours.
I can see why she selected this particular boarder, violets, a cracked eggshell was some of her favorite finds.   Funny, I didn't really notice this before, now it makes it even more special.
It's been 3 years since you've gone to Heaven.  I love you, Mom.  

To all my followers, hugs, Mary




6 comments:

  1. What a lovely home decor' piece and keepsake you've created! Precious memories preserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so special Mary - I love how you have preserved these precious memories so beautifully
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, so much for your lovely comments, Becca and Maxine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful this turned out. Great memory keepsake 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project that came out great. Great memory keepsake! 😊

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.