Grateful for my followers

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Hi just a quick update

 Hello,  We received some good news earlier today, my sister-in-law came through her surgery just fine.   It was a rather serious procedure that she had to have done.    They had to put off the surgery for several weeks, because of some such and such.   And that made her a lot more nervous.   We prayed that she would do fine and she did and that is important.   :)

And for the update on his Dad, let me say this, we are so glad that we had gone up to see him when we did, cause he has gone down fast, he is currently in a coma like state.   I really think he will not be around for his 88th birthday, which is next month.    My husband has a birthday in April as well.  

I was really hoping to get my craft done today, but other things came up like trimming bushes, and cutting away dead reeds.   Thought that could be just a bit more important since we may not have sunny skies for a while and this weekend I have to work.    But I really have started on the project and took before photos, its just in the draft mode right now.   

This time with his dad reminds me of what it was like just before my mother passed away.  So its kind of difficult to gather my thoughts right now.     I don't want my post to end on a sad note, I like to think of good memories of that person.   Just like I do with my parents being gone, I think of them being happy, doing something they liked doing.   Mom was always at her sewing machine working away the hours on a quilt, or something special she made.    Dad was sometimes working on his boat, finding just the right part that he needed.   The last memory I have of him was in 1993, he was on the phone hunting down a part for his boat!   So that's why I mentioned that.   :)    It was just before I flew to Japan to be with my hubby.   We were stationed there until 1997.   And that was the year that my dad passed away quite suddenly in a car accident.   

I am thankful for the blessing of healing.   Healing of the past.   I am looking forward to see how the Lord will work out all the details with the rest of his siblings.   I am thankful for prayer.  To be able to bring all my heart to God in prayer.   I don't want to struggle.   This is in the hands of the Lord.   

The effectual fervent prayer of a Righteous man avails much.  James 5:16 KJV   

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God.... I John 4:7  KJV

Okay, I am going to go for now, let me know your comments if you like, and thank you so much being a follower of my blog.   :)

Hugs to all, Mary ♥

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary - grief is an ongoing journey, and we can either choose to heal or become mired in it. May you know God's peace at this time as past grief's surface again.
    So glad you saw your Father in Law while he was frail but able to know who was visiting. Yes, the gardens can need to take precedence over craft at times.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maxine for your comment. We are very happy that we got to visit with him also. Blessings, Mary

      Delete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.