Grateful for my followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Drum Roll please.....

 Hello,  I've had a dream for a long time, ever since I was a child to play the drums.  I remember asking my mother for a set of drums, her answer was - "over my dead body"!   That didn't stop me from dreaming.  :)    That dream became a reality just a few days ago.    We found the drums at our local thrift/antique shop.   They were in pretty good condition, the only thing is the crash cymbal is a little dented, but other than that they sounded good.    We got a reduced price for the complete set.  And well, I was a happy camper.   Our house isn't very big, just wish we had a basement. lol... as when I play its rather loud.    These drum heads didn't come tuned, I had no idea they needed tuning!   So we need to get a drum key.     Just like at work I needed to learn the register, so it is with the drums... patience is the key in learning to play.   And no I don't know how to read music, I play by ear mostly.    And no, I don't play them at night.    Learning to play the drums helps to work out the pinched nerve that is located in my right shoulder.   Believe it or not it does help.  Who would have thought, of the benefits.  :)     You know, back when I was in the 7th grade, I learned how to play tennis... I didn't know the sport all that well, but I learned, and as I played I enjoyed it.   I played tennis for many years.   It was a great stress reliever.     

It's thundering right now, lots of rain headed our way.  It felt like Spring had sprung earlier as we headed out to run some errands without coats.   More snow and ice is coming in later this week - ugh.   

Okay, I will let you go, time to get some sleep.  

Blessings to you, Mary 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy those drums Mary - and give them heaps and loosen up the nerve!! Love this post
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I haven't played them in a couple of days. They need tuning badly. LOL I am so hoping this will loosen that pinched nerve. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.