Grateful for my followers

Friday, February 11, 2022

Wittle firefly

 I cannot resist wittle creatures like fireflies!  Catching them when I was little and keeping them in a jar was just something magical.   Renea Bouquets has the kit to create those neat memories.   Renea has created these fireflies in such a cute and adorable way!   Of course when I am using glue it doesn't matter if I'm careful or not, the glue seems to ooze out no matter what, so for the bottom firefly I needed to add in more flowers from my own stash and it seems to work out perfectly.  I used Beacon 3-in-1 craft glue, but you might want to use hot glue.   I didn't want to risk burning my fingers just to glue these down.   Now in the kit, you could add a name or word not more than 6 letters, I selected the word Grace because I am always reminded of God's grace towards me.    Eph. 2:8-9    I may add the letters in later, but to show you how this can look I just had to finish it tonight.    And yes, its nearly 3:00 AM.   This was a very easy and fun craft.   I love the touch of whimsy.  :)

Let me know what you thought of this project, leave a comment.   Thanks.  

Hugs, Mary

Blessings







6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Mary, and sweet wee fireflys. A tip that has saved me a lot when gluing is to apply glue the back of the piece I am using, then flipping it and dabbing it on a spare piece of paper (reserved for that use only) before adhering it to the card. it means that surplus glue is blotted off, yet the image still adheres well to the card generally without oozing!.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maxine for the glue tip. I appreciate it. I do generally especially with flowers and such dab the glue onto the back, but with the Beacon glue it does tend to be more fluid and a bit gooey. :) And thank you for the compliment, this is a project that can be hung on the wall. I suppose you could send it as a card as well. Thanks again for leaving me a comment.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful creation Mary! It brings back wonderful childhood memories. I used to catch them when I was little to put in a jar as well. Though we call them lightning bugs. :)
    Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry! Glad to see you are a new follower. :) Yes, I used to call them lightening bugs too! ;) Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary: This is darling! Makes me think of summer nights! Oh for some warm temperatures!!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Becca! Yes just what I thought when I purchased this kit. I wanted something to work on that would get me in that summery mood. :) Thank you for your comment. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave one I appreciate it so! Thank you.